The "Fishtail" braid is a highly prized and gorgeous braid. The Frenched style is the most common, but we will do the simple version first because it's easier to learn.
The Simple Fishtail Braid
- Take a horizontal section of hair and divide it into two strands.
- Take some hair from the leftmost part of the left section, cross it to the right, and combine it with the right section.
- Now take some hair from the outer part of the right section and cross it over to combine it with the left section.
- Continue this pattern for as long as you can or wish to.
- Fasten the end with an elastic.
"Frenching" the Fishtail Braid
In a pattern that should be familiar to you by now, start a simple Fishtail braid and do it for a couple of turns. Once you have a secure start to the braid, start adding hair to each strand you cross over. Continue until you are happy with the result or run out of hair. Here's a video:
As you can see, this is a stunning braid. Note that in the video, we tucked the braid under itself. It's a classic and elegant finish for any braid, especially this one. Use a hairpin or bobby pin to keep the hair in place.
Thanks for reading, and if you have something nice to say or a good idea or suggestion, feel free to write me. I always love to hear from you!