The "Fishtail" braid is a highly prized and gorgeous braid. For the most part, it is always done Frenched, but we will first deal with the simple version, so you see how it is done.
The Simple Fishtail Braid
- Take a horizontal section of hair, and divide it into two strands.
- Take some hair from the leftmost part of the left section, cross it over to the right and combine it with the right section.
- Now take some hair from the outer part of the right section, and cross it over to combine it with the left section.
- Continue this pattern for as long as you can or wish to.
- Fasten the end with an elastic.
"Frenching" the Fishtail Braid
In a pattern that should be coming familiar to you by now, start a simple Fishtail braid, and do it for a couple of turns. Once you have a secure start to the braid, start adding hair to each strand you cross over. Continue until you are happy with the result or run out of hair. Here's a video:
As you can see, this is a stunning braid. Note that in the video we tucked the braid under itself. This is often a very classic and elegant finish for any braid, and this one in particular. You would use a hairpin or bobby pin to keep the hair in place.
Thanks for reading and if you have something nice to say or a good idea or suggestion, feel free to message me on Twitter